Consequences of Obesity
Being overweight leads to many health problems. Being as little as 10-15 lbs over ideal body weight can be a health nightmare.
Common health risks associated with being overweight or obese:
- Heart disease
- Cancer (especially breast, endometrial, colon, and prostate)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol or Dyslipidemia
- Insulin Resistance
- Glucose Intolerance (pre-diabetic state that carries all the health risks of overt diabetes)
- Gallbladder disease, Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Atherosclerosis (plaque build-up on your blood vessels)
- Elevation of high sensitivity C-reactive protein levels (causes inflammation in heart and greatly increases your chance of a heart attack)
- Angina and Congestive Heart Failure
- Cardiomegally (enlarged heart that leads to sudden death rhythm disturbances)
- Respiratory or Breathing problems
- Sleep Apnea (common disorder where obesity causes ineffective breathing during sleep and multiple health problems including fatigue, high blood pressure, and sudden death heart rhythms)
- Uric Acid kidney stones
- Bladder control problems (incontinence)
- Female reproductive problems (polycystic ovaries, menstrual irregularities, irregular ovulation, and infertility)
- Hirsutism (women get hair in man-like distribution)
- Psychological problems (low self-esteem, eating disorders, codependency)
- Liver Disease (Fatty infiltration of the liver can lead to cirrhosis)
- Infertility and irregular menses in females
- And many more...
Why is it important to know if you are over your ideal body weight?
Carrying extra weight is unhealthy. The more overweight you are, the more health risks you are exposed to. Even if you are 10-15 lbs over your ideal weight, you may be creating serious harm to your body. When you are overweight, even by a little, it can change your body’s metabolism of sugar and cholesterol. Extra fat, especially around the waist causes insulin resistance, which sets off a cascade of events that greatly increases your chances of having a heart attack or stroke.
Besides the above health consequences, children are particularly prone to PSYCHOLOGICAL consequences.
Children that are overweight:
- Are subjected to teasing, and ridicule
- Social isolated from their peers (social discrimination)
- Develop low self-esteem and this can lead to many psychological problems including depression
- Poor performance in school due to psychological stress, low self-esteem, or sleep apnea related attention deficits.
A few extra pounds can create insulin resistance, which causes:
- Glucose intolerance (pre-diabetic state)
- Elevated blood sugar or diabetes
- Elevated triglycerides
- Production of small HDL cholesterol particles which greatly impairs your body’s ability to remove plaque from your arteries
- Production of small LDL particles- these are very aggressive plaque forming cholesterol particles
- Elevation of your blood pressure (hypertension)
- Development of the "metabolic syndrome" (formerly called Syndrome X), which greatly increases and accelerates your risk of heart disease and death.
Especially cruel is the fact that all of these dangers are silent. Typically you will not have any symptoms to alert you that your body is insidiously being destroyed.
Remember- even a few pounds over your ideal body weight can SILENTLY be killing you.
Order Dr. Levine’s Ultimate Weight Loss Formula Today! Begin enjoying healthy, safe, and easy weight loss ASAP. Don’t wait another day to improve your health and longevity!